[Mapserver-users] LABEL and MYSQL

bpicinbono@worldonline.fr bpicinbono at worldonline.fr
Wed Apr 30 06:13:18 EDT 2003

LABEL and MYSQL

Hi everybody

One simple question :

Is it possible to have labels related to a field in a mysql database ?

In more details, I have some shapes files that I would like to label.
But the .dbf files related to my .shp files only contain one field (ID).
This field is used to make a link to a lot of datas in some mysql databases.
Using the basic label instruction of MapServer, I can only output labels
from the ID field of the .dbf files. Of course, I would like to output
labels with a field from the mysql databases.
Is that enough clear ?

If somebody can help me, it would be great.
If not, I would have to add a second field (in my .dbf files) used only
for labeling. Furthermore, this would duplicate this data because I also
need it in the Mysql databases; and it would make my databases handling
more complicated and by the way it would make me very sad because my
database managing works pretty well with only one field in the .dbf files,
and it's pretty simple.

Help needed ! Thanks a lot in advance.

Blaise

************ VITE, C'EST LE MOMENT DE VOUS ABONNER A L'ADSL !!! **********
Du 3 avril au 5 mai, série limitée ADSL 128K, cliquez vite ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre promotionnelle soumise à conditions, réservée aux nouveaux abonnés ADSL Tiscali.