[Mapserver-users] Memory could not be "read" on GetFeatureInfo; mapserver doesn't return after request; logging of WMS requests

Ivan Price ivan at finbarinteractive.com.au
Tue Aug 12 22:32:21 EDT 2003

Hi there,

The instruction at "0x0041c9f0" referenced memory at "0x01409c9c". The
memory could not be "read".

I'm getting the above message appear in a popup dialogue on the mapserver
machine whenever I submit a WMS getfeatureinfo request. I can issue the
request successfully without error when not using the WMS lingo.

The feature information is returned, but only after the error box is
'okayed' on the server.

This occurs on Mapservers version 3.6.6 and 4.0, on Apache 1.3.36, 2.0.46
and IIS , running on WinNT4 workstation. I used the pre-compiled win32
binaries available on the Mapserver site.

The same datasets / mapfile is fine on an install on a linux machine,
however i need to host this on a windows box cause of company reasons.

This error message seems to popup around the place a number of times in
windows, has anyone discovered a way of making it go away for them ?

Also, on another machine the getfeatureinfo request never successfully
exists; it returns the data but doesn't close the connection, the
mapserv.exe process persists and the borwser continues waiting forever.
Anyone seen this one ?

ALSO, is it possible to log anything done via WMS ? Normal logging seems
to ignore WMS requests.

Sorry about the windows factor, it's a company thing.

Thanks heaps,

-ivan

Ivan Price
Government Information Solutions