[Mapserver-users] ArcExplorer 4.0.1 as a MapServer WMS client

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Aug 28 11:31:55 EDT 2003

Brutal!
One thing I note though is that your document does not have an XML
header, which would ordinarily feed the parser the expected character
set. Perhaps in the absence of a header, it is assuming a very simple
character set?
Paul

Brent Fraser wrote:

> I did some editing of your xml/gml trying to get ArcExplorer to recognize
> it.  The message window kept reporting the version as none, even though the
> version number seemed ok to me.  So I tried tip 2 above and IE pointed to
> several parsing errors.  Apparently ArcExplorer (and IE) will not allow
> non-ASCII characters anywhere in the document.
>
> When I changed Rincão to Rincao and Talhões to Talhoes, ArcExplorer worked
> with it.

<WMT_MS_Capabilities version="1.1.1" updateSequence="0">

<!-- MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->

<Service>

--
       __
      /