[Mapserver-users] SVG Output

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Dec 1 16:00:55 EST 2003

Here's an example link that shows SVG MapServer output:

http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv40?map=/usr/local/www/docs/testing/svg/test.map&mode=itemnquery&qitem=cty_name&qstring=/./&qlayer=county

It's super simple, and just dumps MN counties to a SVG document.
There's a smile animation (provided by a student over at the UMN) that
you see when move your mouse over an individual county. The mapfile and
templates can be found at:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/testing/svg/svg_simple.zip

Note that you'll need the CVS version of MapServer for this stuff to
work. I've tried the above URL with Mozilla (native SVG support,
animation doesn't work) and IE (Adobe plugin) with success.

Please pass along questions or comments!

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR