[Mapserver-users] giff or png?

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Dec 4 05:25:56 EST 2003

Hi,
if you want to use an image as a symbol, you have to define it in the
symbolset file, sth. like:

SYMBOL
   NAME 'ushwy'
   TYPE pixmap
   IMAGE '/symbols/ushwy.png'
END

Then you can access this symbol in your layer via symbol number or
symbol name. Change your layer defintion to:
  CLASS
     COLOR 255 255 255
     SYMBOL 'ushwy'

HTH, Michael