[Mapserver-users] Mapserver "database system management" multiaccess writing control in database

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Dec 8 08:02:40 EST 2003

Remi,

I could be wrong, but I don't think Mapserver supports writing to any
DBMS. You can write to DBMS and/or to other data stores using Perl or
PHP, but then it is your responsibility to be aware of data integrity
issues and to manage them yourself in your application, but this is
not a mapserver issue.

Mapserver's primary role is read data from various data stores and
rendering maps or otherwise serving that data to web users.

I am curious, how did you get the impression that mapserver supports
writing to DBMS?

-Steve W.