[Mapserver-users] 4.0 JOIN problem

AJackson at realtors.org AJackson at realtors.org
Wed Dec 10 17:43:43 EST 2003

>Joins live at the LAYER level now. Move it outside the CLASS and you
> should be ok.

I tried moving the JOIN into the LAYER level (as below) with no success.
I know the join code is being called, because if I monkey with the
values for TABLE, TO, and FROM, I get errors in the log.  Also,
the data matches.  I even tried placing the same match value in every
record of the databases.  No luck.  Can anyone point me to a working
sample I can look at?

LAYER
  NAME "state_sel"
  TYPE QUERY
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA "st_combined"

  FILTER "%SELECTED_STATE%"
  FILTERITEM 'STATE'
  JOIN
    NAME "state_history"
    TABLE "/var/www/html/maps/data/us_st_avg.dbf"
    TYPE SINGLE
    FROM "STYPE"
    TO "HTYPE"
    TEMPLATE "ImpactTemplates/historic_data.html"
  END
  CLASS
    TEMPLATE "empty.html"
  END