[Mapserver-users] integrate MrSID

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Dec 11 18:50:37 EST 2003

As far as I know what you guess is right. Shouldn't be any harder.
MapServer will inspect the file to figure out what driver to use. I do
know of at least one person using sid on Linux and it works just fine.

Steve

>>> Till Adams <adams at terrestris.de> 12/11/2003 9:17:35 AM >>>
Dear List,

I've scrolled through the archive and found out, that mapserver does
not
directly support MrSid Rasters, but GDAL does - if you have the
DSDK....

Let's assume, you get managed to compile GDAL with MrSid support - how

do I put the MrSids in my mapfile? It's the same like adding any other

raster, e.g.

DATA 'bla/blubb/raster.sid'

?

Did anybody of you succeed in displaying MrSID with mapserver?

Thanks for any hints,

Till