[Mapserver-users] POSTGIS mapserver difficulties for point da ta in latlong.

Ross, Troy D tdross at sandia.gov
Fri Dec 12 14:05:54 EST 2003

Here is a listing from my geometry_columns as you can see the srid is listed
as -1.  I've set it to that because all of the examples that I've found do
that.  Should the srid be set to some other value?  The only information
I've found on the SRID is from the postgis documentation stating:
SRID(Spacial Referencing ID) is a required unique field for a shape/object.
What does that mean/require? Anyhow setting it to -1 in the mapfile didn't
help.
Thanks,
Troy

 f_table_catalog | f_table_schema | f_table_name | f_geometry_column |
coord_dim
ension | srid |     type     | attrelid | varattnum | stats
----
                 | rsvpdb         | geotblworld  | the_geom          |
     2 |   -1 | MULTIPOLYGON |   549318 |        18 |
                 | rsvpdb         | test         | geom              |
     2 |   -1 | GEOMETRY     |   549762 |         3 |