[Mapserver-users] Different instances to the same map II

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Dec 15 15:53:57 EST 2003

Not really. You can change extents, layer lists and so on to add multiple maps to a page. Typically you use a query to get at the necessary spatial or attributes and then build a series of maps from that information.  Here's an example. Only one map but it's generated based on the attributes of the queried feature. One could easily add inset maps for Landsat images and quads.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/compass.html?map=COMPASS_MAPFILE&mode=indexquery&shapeindex=1786&qlayer=pwa_query

Just about anything is possible.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:

>You can cram as many maps on one page as you like. Just alter parameters and use mode=map within img tags to generate them.
>
>Steve

Really, that's a new one, I figured this was a pretty big deal to
configure, hmmm, some possibilities are coming to mind.

bobb