[Mapserver-users] Shapefile indexing

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Wed Dec 17 16:03:04 EST 2003

Hi Martin,

You may use TILEINDEX and TILEITEM parameters to display tiled shapes.
e.g.
LAYER
	NAME index
	TILEINDEX your_layer_with_index_polygon
	TILEITEM "Location"
	STATUS ON
END

The Location is the name of a column in the tile index file, it contains
the name of the shape files.
If they are real tiles it speed up the mapserver processing.
In your case I think the layers cover the same area. So it won't speed
up anything.
 An other solution is to use GROUP parameter in several layers with the
same group name.

Bye
Zoltán