[Mapserver-users] status of bug 270: using CLASS in a raster layer only to produce legend entry

Emilio Mayorga emiliom at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 18 16:13:14 EST 2003

Daniel,

> Please always reply via the list...

I apologize, I didn't pay attention.

> Based on the error message, it seems that the problem is not a crash,
> but a more fundamental problem in MapServer: you can't define a CLASS
> for a 24 bit image so you can't use the KEYIMAGE parameter for 24 bit
> images.

Again apologies for being unclear. After reading some message threads,
what you've described was already very apparent to me. But I didn't
explain it well.

> I'm not sure what the solution to this will be. Let's see what Steve and
> Frank think. You might also want to file a bug in bugzilla about this
> problem.

I'll wait to hear from them, then file a bug if it's still an issue. But
in my mapfile I'll just get around the issue by converting my RGB tiffs
to color indexed tiffs.

Thanks for your help.

-Emilio