[Mapserver-users] php_Mapscript bug: using MapObj->save() and LABELFORMAT

Matt Doggett mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu
Fri Dec 19 12:51:37 EST 2003

I've been using a Maplab application and have been wondering why my use
of LABELFORMAT in my GRID layer has been causing Mapserver to fail. At
first I thought that something was wrong with Mapserver itself, however,
after a little closer look I've discovered that there must be a bug in
the php_mapscript function MapObj->save().  What happens is that the
save function does not output the quotes surrounding the LABELFORMAT
string.  Then when Mapserver attempts to read this malformed temporary
map file, it returns errors parsing the file. If I manually replace the
quotes in the temporary mapfile, it works fine.

[original mapfile]
.
GRID
   LABELFORMAT "%5.1f"
END

[temporary mapfile from MapObj->save()]
.
GRID
  LABELFORMAT %5.1f
END

Who should I correspond with or where should I go to report this bug?

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University
316 Strand Ag Hall