[Mapserver-users] zoom in/out buttons

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Fri Dec 19 14:03:02 EST 2003

At 10:42 AM 12/19/2003, you wrote:
>Where can I get zoom in/out icons for my mapserver and the code for it?

If you see buttons on a website that you like, you can generally right
click on each one and save the image. If you want to use buttons from an
existing application e.g. ArcView, you can do a screen capture with
CTL-ALT-PrintScreen and then crop the captured image with Photoshop or similar.

The code behind the buttons will depend on how you chose to implement the
buttons in your application. Frequently this is done with javascript. If
you want to view the javascript associated with a page, use your browser's
file you will see a reference to the external file in the page source.
Generally you can enter the name of the external javascript file into your
browser's address line to retrieve the external javascript file.

Viewing the javascript and HTML on websites is an excellent way to learn.

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich <at> GreenwoodMap <dot> com
(307) 733-0203