[Mapserver-users] msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. Illegal mapfile name.

Philipp Jacob philipp.jacob at geosysnet.de
Wed Feb 5 07:59:01 EST 2003

Hi list,

I set up the Mapserver correctly and created an own demo map by myself.
Everything works fine.
Now I want to improve the application by using some JavaScript, therefore I
need single images for the map, the reference etc. This can be done by
giving
the Mapserver the CGI variable 'mode=map' in the URL, right?!
I used the following URL to get an image from Mapserver:

'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=mymap.map?mode=map?mapext=640543+240250+671823+262593'

But the answer is as discribed in the subject:
' msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. Illegal mapfile name.'
I already copied the mafile to the cgi-bin directory to avoid path
problems, for now.

Has anyone an idea on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Philipp