[Mapserver-users] More MapScript 3.7 problems

Dylan Keon keon at nacse.org
Sun Feb 9 11:15:41 EST 2003

Lars V. Nielsen wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > It seems that recently released MapScript 3.7 (dev) ($Revision: 1.143
$ $Date: 2003/02/04 15:39:43 $) only outputs interlaced GIF
 > images regardless of using different settings in "saveImage" and
 > "saveWebImage". I've tried outputting PNG and JPEG, and tried to
 > turn off interlacing, but nothing changes in the output.

MS 3.7 handles output images differently than previous versions.  In
your mapfile you can declare several output format types with the
OUTPUTFORMAT object, then use IMAGETYPE to identify the output format
you want to use.  saveImage() and saveWebImage() look at the parameters
declared in whichever outputformat is in use, and use those parameters
to create the output image.  So, instead of using something like
$img->saveImage($img_name,'MS_PNG',0,0,0); you can just use
$img->saveImage();.

See http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OutputFormat for
detailed information about the OUTPUTFORMAT object.  See
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MigrationGuide for changes
that you need to make when migrating to 3.7.

--Dylan