[Mapserver-users] Large Map Files

C F gis_consultant at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 11:07:28 EST 2003

As far as XML goes... I think the performance issues can be handled by
serializing (pre-parsing) the xml files into object files.  In theory, that
would be even faster than the current approach.  Of course then you would
have to deal with synchronization which might be just a matter of looking at
a timestamp on a file.
Anyway... I'm not pushing for this.. I just wanted to comment on the xml
performance comments.  I've kind of started down the XML route on my own by
building an xml schema and a stylesheet to translate XML docs to mapfiles.
I have a feeling there are similar efforts underway.  If anyone is doing so
and feel like collaborating, please let me know.