Sum: [Mapserver-users] compiling 3.7 w/ gd2 & GDAL on windows

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Tue Feb 18 11:59:21 EST 2003

--=======59C51250=======

At 08:02 AM 2/18/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I can't get 3.7 mapserv.exe to link on windows due to a " one or more
>multiply defined symbols found" error. The multiply defined symbols are
>inflate, deflate, etc. which apparently are a part of zlib.
>
>I am trying to compile with gd 2.0.11 and GDAL 1.1.8, both of which
>reference these functions.

Thanks to the Frank Warmerdam, Ed McNierney, and Jan Hartmann for their
quick answers and sharp minds. I had compiled gd with zlib 1.1.4, however I
had compiled gdal with zlib 1.1.3 (gdal 1.1.8 includes zlib 1.1.3 in the
source archive under the frmts directory). Recompiling gd with the same
version of zlib as I used in gdal solved the problem.

Thanks guys,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
(307) 733-0203