[Mapserver-users] Can't seem to get the projection correct

Juanse georef at tie.cl
Tue Feb 18 12:54:43 EST 2003

I didn´t start this thread from the beggining, nor I use projection for USA,
but as a heavy Mapinfo user, and a starter with mapserver I haven´t had any
trouble with projection except that the proj4 definitions weren't correct
for the ones I use in Chile (PSAD56)

If you check the file mapinfow.prj (usually located under program
folder/mapinfo/professional/) and check the projection number agains the
ones in proj4 lib you could check if the Nad27 is properly defined.

But for sure Mapinfo does reprojection on the fly and does not squiz"
anything.

Sincerely

Juanse
temuko-Chile