[Mapserver-users] Browser anomalies

Robert Stanton geosys at iafrica.com
Wed Feb 19 08:45:59 EST 2003

Hi List

I am experiencing a strange problem whereby a query template only appears in
certain browsers and returns the error:  "msQueryByPoint(): Search returned
no results. No matching record(s) found." in others. I am querying a point
layer in cgi mode (gif output) using version 3.6.2 on RH Linux 7.2.

The browsers that work are IE 6.0 and Opera 6.0 on Windows and Netscape 4.78
on Linux. The ones that don't work are Mozilla 1.0.1 and Netscape 6.1 on
Windows, and Mozilla 0.9 and Konqueror 2.2 on Linux. I have noticed that the
ones that work all send the img.x and img.y values near the end of the query
string, whereas the ones that don't work send the values near the beginning
of the query string. I have put two examples at the end of this message.
btw. the main template works fine in all browsers.

I have tried the obvious such as increasing the 'Tolerance' value in the
layer object to ridiculous levels, without success. I have also searched the
archives, similarly without success. Unfortunately I cannot put these on the
web just yet as they are still under development on my local intranet.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Any advice would be extremely welcome.

Robert Stanton
Durban
South Africa

(btw. Many thanks to Frank Warmerdam, Ed McNierney, Kieran Ames, Steve
Woodbridge and others who replied to a problem I had in late January
concerning hyperlinks on output pages. I experienced a disk crash at about
that time and was unable to reply)

Examples of query string: (slightly reformatted)

Windows - Mozilla 1.0.1 - ERROR:
http://192.168.1.10/cgi-bin/mapserv/mapserv_362?
img.x=184
&img.y=229
&mode=query
&zoom=1
&imgxy=249.5+199.5
&imgext=28.864952+-29.384614+31.535048+-27.250000
&map=%2Fhome%2Ftkzn%2Fpublic_html%2Fmaps%2Fbattlefields%2Fbtflds_362.map
&scale=1682065.472443
&savequery=true
&mapext=shapes

Windows - IE 6.0:
http://192.168.1.10/cgi-bin/mapserv/mapserv_362?
mode=query
&zoom=1
&imgxy=249.5+199.5
&imgext=28.864952+-29.384614+31.535048+-27.250000
&map=%2Fhome%2Ftkzn%2Fpublic_html%2Fmaps%2Fbattlefields%2Fbtflds_362.map
&scale=1682065.472443
&savequery=true
&mapext=shapes
&img.x=184