[Mapserver-users] Coding rubber band zoom box with Javascript

John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au
Wed Feb 19 21:38:11 EST 2003

Hi Bill,

I have written a zoom box for a small mapserver application that I think
may be what you a looking for.  It works on Netscape and Internet
Explorer but I think that it doesn't work on other browsers.

Someone was going to grab this code and bundle it up into a more optimal
and understandably JavaScript code but I can't remember if that has been
done or not.

The URL to look at is accessible from the Australian Spatial Data
Directory's power interface.
(http://www.auslig.gov.au/servlet/asdd_power)

Click on the image of Australia and that will open up mapserver in a new
window.  You should be able to drag a red bounding box over the map
image and it should zoom into that area which you have defined by your
mouse drag.

If this is the sort of thing that you want then you should be able to
get the JavaScript from that web page and use it.

Warning:  It may be difficult to distinguish the different parts of
JavaScript that you want to use as the code was quickly written and of
course not optimised.

I hope that this helps.

John