[Mapserver-users] How to speed up reading Shape files' large DBF

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Thu Feb 20 14:41:18 EST 2003

--=======51BC73B4=======

At 04:01 AM 2/21/2003 +0900, Hisaji Ono wrote:

>Hi.
>
>  Currently I tried to deal with large-sized DBF files (more than 200MB) of
>ArcView shape files using MapServer 3.6.x on Win XP.
>
>  It takes about a few minutes to display map with several classes on my PC.
>I'd like to speed up displaying map within 30 seconds.
>
>  MapServer supports spatial indexing for shape file, but not indexing for
>DBase file.
>
>  Could someone give any suggestion?

It sounds like your are filtering by class - Can you split your shape file
into separate files by class?

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.