[Mapserver-users] Raster: rotation params in WLD file

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Feb 22 14:10:58 EST 2003

Lars V. Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Indeed it doesn't, it simply ignores the secondar parameters completely (I
> have tried).
>

>> ..., but if you handle a raster through GDAL in MapServer then it can be
>> rotated properly to display in MapServer.
>

> Does this mean that I can use e.g. the below output format spec in 3.7 to
> display rotated raster images ?

Lars,

Actually, it's not the output side that is the issue, but the input side.
Also, you need to attach projections to the map and layer in question to
"trick" it into doing a reprojection that isn't really changing projection.

Try setting a projection on the map and layer, and see what happens.  Any
projection should do as long as it matches but accurate would be best.

Best regards,