[Mapserver-users] 3.7 needing Oracle lib?

Oliver Wesp wesp at gdv.com
Tue Feb 25 04:48:09 EST 2003

Hi,

This is not a real problem to me, I was just wondering. I recently compiled
3.7 (nightly.tar 02/23/2003) with

./configure --with-gdal=/path/to/gdal-config

mapserver -v and ./mapserver from the shell worked fine. But as soon as I
tried to use it via cgi an internal server error occurred. The apache log
told me there was libclntsh.so.8.o missing. This is a library from Oracle.
I added $ORACLE_HOME/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and everything went fine.
But why is mapserver requesting this, although it's not compiled with
oracle spatial support? And what if there is NO oracle on the server
machine? Can anybody shed any light on this?

kind regards
Oliver

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Oliver Wesp
Gesellschaft für geografische Datenverarbeitung