[Mapserver-users] mapscript mouse over

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Feb 25 05:27:12 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 10:33, pia rose trias wrote:
> hi lists!
> could anyone help me on  how i will be able to have a mouseover on my map
> using mapscript.Is it possible that I wont use mapplet but purely
> mapscript?pls help on how if it is possible.. thx

Hi,

mapscript is *php*, which means that it only gets executed (by the server)
once when the client asks for a certain webpage. It delivers the page (as
html) to the client, and that's it. IMHO, if you want to have
client-map-interaction without requesting a new page, you probably should
make use of javascript (which has mouseover events I believe) or things like
java or flash.

just my 2cents on this...

Regards,
Vincent Schut.