[Mapserver-users] EXTENSION parameter in OUTPUTFORMAT removed?

randy james rjames57 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 17:09:37 EST 2003

Hi

I'm also have the problem of my rasters causing the
vectors to be rendered gray. I have well over 300
orthophotos, each at least 160Mb, making it quite time
consuming to convert all of them to 32 colors as
suggested.

>   o I could implementing a processing directive
> forcing the greyscale
>     colormap allocator to use a reduced number of
> colors.

I like the idea of implementing a processing
directive, but maybe for more colors than 6 as
suggested. Since we are using the Orthophotos as a
research tool, and some forest types are very close in
color, the more the better. We use an overhead
projector on a laptop while researching, making
Mapserver a powerful tool for forestry research. I
know that I do not see the colors that our trained
forest tech. does, so I cannot say how many colors can
be allocated.

Cheers
Randy