[Mapserver-users] New ArcView Extension for MapServer

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Wed Feb 26 09:05:05 EST 2003

Dear list,

we proudly can present a new ArcView utility for MapServer based on the
ideas from Ross Searle. The extension is freeware and could be
downloaded from:
http://www.terrestris.de/links_e/downloads.html

You can design your view in ArcView as you want your MapServer and then
run the AveiN! wizard in order to generate the required files (mapfile,
template, ...).

In comparison to the existing tool, we enlarged the functionality
enormous, embedded a set of dialogs and re-designed the whole extension
in a more usable way. The extension is able to write three different
html templates, one with pure html, one with the rosa applet and one
with a javascript solution and also writes the query_templates and the
init.html.
There is a big set of line- and pointsymbols and patterned fills
included and the possibility to define your own symbols.

We can also hand on the extension set-up file to the mapserver utilities
page if desired.

Any comments, suggestions, bugs or whatever are very welcome! We keep on
working on further functionality and usability!

Cheers,
Till

--
***** Neu !! AveiN! 1.1 Die MapServer Erweiterung für ArcView GIS *****