[Mapserver-users] Raster: rotation params in WLD file - Resampling

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 26 16:17:27 EST 2003

Marian Grigoras wrote:
> Thanks Frank,
>
> It works now, although it took me some time to figure out that in
> MapServer3.7 (nightly build) a had to put the absolute path in
> the LAYER : DATA field. The SHAPEPATH was ignored.
> Is this a bug or a feature of 3.7? ;-)

Marian,

The path handling has changed substantially for 3.7.  I believe the
raster files are supposed to be evaluated relative to the map file now,
instead of relative to the SHAPEPATH directory, but I am not sure.

> Will 3.7 support rotated outputs? (Maybe I do not always want
> to see the maps North-up)

There are no plans for this, though through use of esoteric projections it
is possible to generated rotated output - essentially fooling things into
believing that north is in another direction.

Best regards,