[Mapserver-users] spatial database support/configuration

Pedro Salazar pedro-b-salazar at ptinovacao.pt
Thu Feb 27 14:03:59 EST 2003

--=-oBV56l+oealmRlnEgxJT

Greetings,

I'm interested in supply a layer information from a database (spatial?).
I have an oracle spatial data cartridge or/and an postgresql with
postgis.

I compiled mapserver with "--with-postgis" and "--with-oraclespatial".
But I try to test it with oracle,=20

LAYER
NAME poi
TYPE POINT
   CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
   CONNECTION "user/password at sid"
   STATUS DEFAULT
   DATA "SHAPE FROM (SELECT p.geom.sdo_point.x FROM p poi)"
END

but mapserver thrown an error:
"msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. OracleSpatial is not
supported"

I'm not saying even my layer configuration is right  - I doubt beginning
in the query data.., but I supposed it should support oracle, doesn't
it?

by the way, in mapserver host I only have a oracle client, but I really
have a spatial oracle database indeed! It's also ok if I use postgis and
postgresql, and I would be grateful if you spare me a example of
configuration in map (or through a perl script)!! :)

thanks,
Pedro Salazar

--=20
<id name=3D"pedro salazar">=20
<email>pedro-b-salazar at ptinovacao.pt</email>
<pgp-key-id>0E129E31D803BC61</pgp-key-id>
</id>

--=-oBV56l+oealmRlnEgxJT

--=-oBV56l+oealmRlnEgxJT--