[Mapserver-users] Site Demo / Critique

Lowther, David W dlowther at ou.edu
Fri Feb 28 19:06:31 EST 2003

Dan,

Thanks for the kinds words and the bugs. Do you get that error still? The
line was commented out when I got to it, but someone here may have beaten me
to the punch.

I haven't been able to figure out how to keep mapplet from allowing a box at
any time, but I also haven't spent any time on it as we are trying to get
off the java app and into DHTML - phase next. We should be able to deal with
it there.

Probably should reign that legend width in...

As far as the label check goes, it comes as a result of a deep homage I have
paid to the HTML Legend supreme being(s). And, I am using the legend_order
strictly to make sure that my labels directly follow my layers. That way
when I come around to the label I have left the TD open. I also make sure
that my label layers are named the same as my features like roads and
roads_anno. Since I write the checkbox with the feature. I have also
included metadata like NoLabels for the feature layers  that don't have any
labels. I did the same thing for the ID (NoID). One thing that sure would
make HTML Legends easier is the inclusion of an [else] / [elseif] tag. Maybe
I should file a feature request.

Dave