[Mapserver-users] Mapserver to SVG Demo

Geoff Anderson javageoff at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 4 19:56:46 EST 2003

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Here's the Mapserver to SVG Demo.&nbsp; It loads the current Mapserver&nbsp;map image&nbsp;into SVG.&nbsp;The image is not converted to SVG, just provides a raster base map over which SVG stuff can be implemented. On browsers where the SVG mouse events work, users may "digitize" points and query PostGIS by point coordinates (which might be correct...).&nbsp; The PHP code can easily be modified to do SVG based digitizing etc.&nbsp; I'm using it in a&nbsp;web based surface profiler and an GML-centric/Java2D&nbsp;vector overlay utility that does browser based vector overlay and returns the overlay result as SVG polygons overlaid over Mapserver generated base maps...&nbsp;&nbsp; </P></DIV>
<P>Mapserver to SVG demo: <A href="http://206.168.217.254/cci/umn2svg">http://206.168.217.254/cci/umn2svg</A></P></DIV>
<P>Please let me know if anyone wants the PHP source.&nbsp; It's not pretty, but it seems to work.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Geoff Anderson<BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>