[Mapserver-users] Mapserver and ArcSDE (fwd)

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Wed Jan 8 05:06:42 EST 2003

Dear Petra,

* Steve Lime <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> [030107 23:35]:
> It means you haven't compiled MapServer against the SDE client libs...
>
> "Petra Bergholz" <bergholz at land-system.de> [030107 12:46]:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a question:
> > I tried to run the Minnesota Mapserver with data from an ArcSDE Layer,
> > but I get the following error-message:
> > " msSDELayerOpen(): General error message. SDE support is not
> > available.
> > "

as Steve already pointed out you have to build MapServer with SDE
support and linked against the SDE client libs.

Therfore you have to define (Assuming you are working under MS Windows)
SDE_OPT= -DUSE_SDE -DWIN32
SDE_INC=
SDE_LIB=

The later two have to be configured according to your develoment
environment.

Kind regards,

        Frank Koormann

--