[Mapserver-users] OT: Extracting dead ends from a polyline theme

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Wed Jan 22 11:25:12 EST 2003

List,
Sorry for the off-topic, but I've looked everywhere trying not to bother
the group.

I've discovered Fred Pierssen's EDTOOLS script and have used it to
extract intersections from a road theme. However, lines that terminate
(Dead Ends) are not extracted. Any thoughts on how I might capture them?

I tried extracting ALL points from the polyline theme, but that gives me
an unwieldy point theme which contains ALL VERTICES as well, which is
not where I'm aiming.

Suggestions on how to extract deadends appreciated.

AV3.1
WINNT
GIS Spatially-Challenged

Thanks,