[Mapserver-users] OT: Extracting dead ends from a polyline theme

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Wed Jan 22 12:39:59 EST 2003

DAvid,
I gave that some (thorough?) thought. However, when I use EDTOOLS for all
points, it extracts ALL VERTICES as points. So, along with dead ends, I get
every vertex in the shapefile. Matching that back to the road theme would
put me back where I started, but without the start/end nodes.
I'm toying with the shp2gen script now. I think I can write a script to
parse a GEN file and get the first and last coord of each polyline. However,
when I did it manually, I ran upon some errors. ...perhaps I missed some
data points during the monotony.
Kieran