[Mapserver-users] itemnquery and [shpext]

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jan 22 13:02:26 EST 2003

I'm wondering if the code to convert a shape from the ESRI API format to

the MapServer format isn't updating the shape extent. Can you get to
the shape properties via the other query mechanisms or are they all
busted?
(The error message makes sense based on the extent values.) I'll check
the SDE source now...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Oliver Wesp <wesp at gdv.com> 01/20/03 03:00AM >>>
Dear List,
Maybe this is simple, cause I'm missing something. Maybe not. What I'm

trying to do is to make a simple itemnquery (item/value) get the
results
and zoom the map to the extent of the result shapes. So what I thought
do is simply place [shpext] in my template file to get the extent and
use this for creating the new map. Work fine except for the fact that
the only thing I get back for [shpext] is '-1 -1 -1 -1'. Same for
[shpmid] or any other extent related informationen about the shape. If
place mapext=[shapes] in my request (just to give it a shoot) mapserver

tells me that it's not possible to generate a valid mapextent from
selected shapes.

Here is the setting

-qlayer is of polygon type.
-Datasource is SDE (8.2)
-Mapserver is 3.6.1

and here is my request:

http://mymachine/cgi-bin/mapserv?
map=/var/apache/htdocs/project/myMap.map
&mode=itemnquery
&qLayer=myLayer
&map_myLayer_filter="ITEM='VALUE'"
&map_myLayer_data=SDEUSER.SDETABALE,SHAPE
&map_myLayer_header=templates/searchheader.html
&map_myLayer_template=templates/search.html
&map_myLayer_footer=templates/searchcellfooter.html

Any hint is appreciated.
regards
Oliver