[Mapserver-users] mapscript seems to be fubar

Joe Bussell joe at otsys.com
Fri Jan 24 13:43:26 EST 2003

Greetings,
    I ran into this as well, but in truth it turns out to be good news
(in a twisted sort of way).  They are using a more up-to-date version of
swig which is apparently enforcing the perl namespace.  In my perl
mapscript files I must refer to mapscript::<any object under mapscript>.
    The problem is that the scripts which are included in the package do
not actually make use of this.  For a quick test of this add mapscript::
to any object that is called via new from the mapscript package in the
dump.pl file.
    You will have to modify your code to make use of the mapscript
namespace.
    The beauty is that you will not have to hand hack mapscript_wrap.c

Cordially,

Joe Bussell
On Time Systems
www.trafficdodger.com