[Mapserver-users] For MapScript + Zope users, ZMapServer 0.3

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Tue Jan 28 11:48:05 EST 2003

J.F.,

Your understanding of ZMapServer and mapObjs is correct.  On the
management
side of Zope, users can make edits to a permanent mapObj which is stored
in the Zope database.  On the public side, applications interact with a
temporary mapObj that is cloned from the permanent mapObj and stored in
Zope session data.  Instead of passing extents to a drawing method, one
changes the extent of the session mapObj and then calls it's draw
method.
I'm not sure how well this will scale, but performance so far has been
fine.

What have been your issues with the Python MapScript?  Mine have not
been
so much with threading, but with the way the SWIGged mapserver objects
resist pickling, and lack of means for removing layers and classes from
a mapObj.

cheers,
Sean