[Mapserver-users] Extent problems

Björn Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Wed Jan 29 05:03:58 EST 2003

Hello Alessandro ,

> I've to insert the correct extent value in my mapfile. I use .shp maps.
> Where can I read the shp's extent? Is there any working tool to do so?
> If anyone can help me he'll be welcome!!

I am using a tool called Geographic Explorer QuickView made by
BlueMarbleGeographics. I think this should be freeware (at least shareware).
It runs under Win. After installing you can right-click on a shapefile in the
windows-explorer and choose 'Open with Geographic Explorer QuickView'.

You can gat it at http://www.bluemarblegeo.com

hth,

Bjoern

--