[Mapserver-users] Mapserver WMS client and proxy server

Stefan Wiegand s.wiegand at kdvz.de
Thu Jul 3 04:40:48 EDT 2003

--=_alternative 002FC942C1256D58_=

Hello Ed

I have tried to connect to a WMS Mapserver from home and everything works
fine. When I type in the WMS request, I get the map and when I build a
workaround by dyn layers via transparent image above the mapserver image
all works fine. It works fine, because the browsers settings refer to the
proxy, but the cgi does not, I think. My sys admin told me, he can
recognize, that the mapserver cgi tries a direct connection to the WMS
client. This is, out of security reasons, not allowed for us.

Best regards

Stefan Wiegand
Mail: s.wiegand at kdvz.de
www.kdvz.de