[mapserver-users] huge performance problem with ECW

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 6 13:18:29 EDT 2003

Hi Frank, list,

I think I have tackled the problem. I was requesting an image on the
verge/margin of the pixel size of the ECW file (1.5 m). If I adjust my
boundingbox just a little bit I am on the fast side of the medal again. I
saw some postings on the mailing list from a year ago that mapserver then
returned a black image when requesting an image with pixels smaller than
the ECW pixel size.

Question: how can I prevent users from requesting an image through WMS in
which the pixel size is smaller than the pixel size of the original image?
And is it a good idea to have this situation in mapserver instead of the
black image when you get big performance issues instead?

image and bbox info:
x: 120630.915462629 - 121965.084537371 = +-1335 m
y: 487143.164317804 - 487670.835682196 = +-527 m

w: 890 pixels
h: 352 pixels

pixel size 1.5 m.

Best regards,