[Mapserver-users] Re: Compilation problems

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Jul 8 12:09:56 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 17:36, Jordy Keighan wrote:
<snip>
> gcc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic-Wl'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/mapserver-3.6.6/mapscript/php3'

Jordy,

if I remember well this is an old error in the php mapscript makefile. After
running ./configure --your-options, but before running make, you need to edit
the Makefile that ./configure created in the mapscript/php3 directory in the
mapserver source tree. In this makefile, search for '-rdynamic-Wl' and
replace this with '-rdynamic -Wl'; mind the additional space. Save the
Makefile, go back to the main source dir, and run make. Should run smoothly
now.
BTW you could probably suffice with just editing the makefile in the
mapscript/php3 directory without rerunning configure, and then run make again
in this dir or in the mapserver source root dir. It should skip everything it
has already done and directly start building php_mapscript.

Cheers,
Vincent.