[Mapserver-users] Perl Mapscript - equivalent of zoompoint method..?

AMC Story s9646183 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 07:37:40 EDT 2003

Hi there everyone,

I'm using Perl Mapscript to develop the interface of my application, and have
very kindly been given some existing code to work from from another member of
the list.  The code that I am making reference to is written using PHP
Mapscript, so I'm having a little bit of trouble in that not all of the methods
available with PHP Mapscript are available with the Perl version.

I'm dealing with my panning buttons at the moment, and the example I have
defines a point object which the new map will zoom to, and then uses the
zoompoint method of the map object.  This method isn't available in Perl, does
anyone have any suggestions as to how I might get around this?  Similarly,
their zoomin function makes use of the zoomrectangle method...

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
Ali