[Mapserver-users] generate maps in WBMP (for WAP)

Pedro Salazar pedro-b-salazar at ptinovacao.pt
Thu Jul 10 14:06:29 EDT 2003

--=-i5mEtPtKojITxj4ajmHs

> Yes it's possible.  GD supports WBMP so it should just be a matter of
> setting "IMAGETYPE WBMP" in your mapfile.  Note that you should take
> into consideration the fact that WBMP images can have only 2 colors as
> you design your mapfile.

I'm using mapscript. If I use:

print $query->header('image/vnd.wap.wbmp');
$img->saveImage($tmp_file,$mapscript::MS_WBMP, $map->{transparent},
                $map->{interlace}, 0);
system("cat $tmp_file");

Shouldn't this work? ... Well, I have a viewer (wApua for linux) that I
can see some BMP images converted to WBMP, but the WBMP files generated
by mapserver I can't see on my viewer!!

BTW, I used 'image/png' and MS_PNG for PNG images, so I just replace
this values with the WBMP values above.

thanks,
Pedro Salazar
--=20