[Mapserver-users] Python/Mapscript

Heitzso heitzso at growthmodels.com
Sat Jul 12 16:57:36 EDT 2003

I followed Sean's sequence and the script failed with a message
about not finding build/lib.  I 'ln -s' a build/lib over to build/lib*
and that error message stopped.  The simple
    from mapscript import *
still failed.  I then went over to the site-packages library and
ripped out all mapserver/mapscript related files and reran
the 'python setup.py install' and this time
    from mapscript import *
succeeded.  I haven't tried to do anything more than that,
but that much is working.

IMPORTANT:  What problems lurk with nightly
4.0 development branch?  Thanks for any warnings.

Thanks,
Heitzso