[Mapserver-users] Display polygon layer as circle layer

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Tue Jul 15 07:40:32 EDT 2003

Stefan,
As far as I know there is no simple way to accomplish this.  But I do
think your approach is the way to go, i.e. create a point layer which
corresponds to your polygon layer. But I would create a separate
shapefile. Then you could display the boundaries or the points as
needed. I have done this many times. But the problem is to find an
appropriate centroid for a given polygon.  Perhaps you could find an
existing shapefile of national capitols and use those as your points.

Eric