Orthophoto basics WAS: [Mapserver-users] Raster geotiff turnsbackground yellow

Charlton Purvis cpurvis at asg.sc.edu
Tue Jul 15 16:07:37 EDT 2003

Before I submit my resignation to the IT world as a faithful servant
(before everyone makes me leave), I want you to know that I have enjoyed
the ride and have learned a lot.  Upgrading GD and getting MS 3.6 and
3.7 happy w/ PHP again (thanks to the upgrade) has rekindled my faith in
automation.

But any advice that I have ever given will probably best be ignored, or,
if you're inclined to find the safest route, do the opposite.  Why?
Because after hours and hours of frustration and too many copies of the
same data, I realized that my SHAPEPATH was pointing to one of my old
directories that had only a subset of my data (of COURSE that was the
data that rendered correctly), while the new orthos were off somewhere
else.  Hmm.  That might explain a few things.

Thanks to those who empathize.

Shamefully yours,

Charlton