[Mapserver-users] Dynamic legend generation

Udaya Sankar Pillutla sankar_pillutla at gmx.net
Wed Jul 2 06:01:38 EDT 2003

Hello all,

   I have a cascading map server which is using maps generated from two
standalone "mapservers". I want to generate the legeds for all these three
servers dynamically. For the standalone servers, I used the script provided by Chip
Hankley at:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPDynLegend

and it works nicely. But for the cascading map server, it seems it is
looking for the class information definition in the map file. But since this is
cascading from the two other standalone servers, there is no such information in
my cascading map server map file. I get the following error message:

Fatal error: MapServer Error in msGetImage(): HTTP GET request failed with
status -403

Can someone help me with this. Is there anyway that we can get the class
information stored in map file somewhere else. (on a different machine)

Thanks in advance,
Udaya Sankar Pillutla
TZI, Universitaet Bremen
Bremen.