[Mapserver-users] outputformat

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 15 23:26:24 EDT 2003

Ryan, Adam wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm a little confused with the new outputformat declaration.
>
> The deprecated interlace, transparent, and imagequality parameters in
> the map object are understandable, but what about these parameters in
> the legend and scalebar objects.  These are deprecated too?
>
> Is there an outputformat parameter for the legend and scalebar?

Adam,

Good question.  It seems that MapServer CGI always uses the main mapfile
IMAGETYPE setting for scalebars and legends as well.  While not currently
possible, I would like to see an IMAGETYPE attribute added to the SCALEBAR
and LEGEND objects so different formats or format options can be used with
them if so desired.

For the time being, while discouraged, the INTERLACE, TRANSPARENT and
IMAGEQUALITY keywords should continue to work on the legend, and scalebar
objects.  Internally it takes the primary selected output format for the map,
and modifies the option flags if necessary.  But if you depend on this,
expect to run into problems in future versions.

Best regards,