AW: [Mapserver-users] ASP, Java, mapscript and other fun stuff

Arnulf Christl CCGIS arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Jul 16 03:06:13 EDT 2003

Basically what I want to do (or more accurately what my boss wants to do) is
get a Mapscript application working with IIS without resorting to having to
install PHP or perl and preferably without needing a java engine installed
either.

The idea of MapScript is to create maps with sripts - hence the name. If you
do not want to use a scipting language that will be a strange job. Its no
big deal to install PHP on a windows machine and there are quite a few
applications that use this setup.
So if you (or rather your boss) wants to go somewhere else that might be
good him, but you (and not your boss ;-) will probably find less support
from the user group. Sounds like you should try to convince him that it does
not hurt to install PHP and go ahead with it.

Cheers, Arnulf.