[Mapserver-users] transparent layer creates blurry fonts

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 16 23:46:51 EDT 2003

Charlton Purvis wrote:
> Hi, folks:
>
> Whenever I enable (STATUS ON) one of my layers that has a TRANSPARENCY
> value associated w/ it, my labels go from having no background to having
> a white background.  This is a problem since I don't want to use a black
> text on white background.
>
> Here are two samples.  The "good" one is how I would like the image to
> look even w/ the transparent layer on.  The "bad" one is how it
> currently looks (w/ the transparent layer on).  Don't look for the
> transparent layer, though, since I gave it a bogus expression to keep
> the image simple.

Charlton,

Please file this in Bugzilla and assign it to me.  The background areas in
the transparent case are being used internally as transparent, but for some
reason the transparency is being burned into the output raster when it should
just let us see the layer underneath.

This seems like a bug in my RGBA handling in MapServer.

Best regards,